Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-04
We are now looking for a Business Development Director to develop a new business strategy and execute a supporting plan to create awareness with the relevant C-suite stakeholders to build a new business pipeline for Valtech Sweden. Drawing from the strengths of our prioritized verticals and offerings, whilst tapping into the global capabilities, your role is to orchestrate initiatives, engage with potential clients and work alongside the wider team to convert opportunities into healthy business. Leading from the front, you’ll manage a team focused on new business (and marketing). You’ll also tap into and collaborate with a well-oiled European marketing organisation which consists of members from the different offices in Europe.
Apart from driving growth, the success of New Business is instrumental to achieving the strategic objectives for Valtech and to make us the most appealing company on the market for clients and consultants alike. Your experience and skills are also very valuable contributions to the Swedish management team and the European new business team.
You will need to be extremely hungry to develop opportunities with a keen eye on the prize, through building relationships at the highest level. But also have the ability to manage opportunities from initial conversation, all the way through to scoping, implementation and set-up of the team before handing over.
The attitude and approach of the Business Development Director is, in many ways, as important as the experience and skills they possess – as the role will be at heart of the agency. You will need to be a self-starter, highly motivated, have natural leadership qualities and gravitas and be prepared to interface with all departments in the agency to gather the support required. The environment is extremely varied and fast paced so you’ll need to be comfortable juggling multiple plates.
Therefore, the right candidate will need to possess bags of energy and drive and demonstrate a passion for developing the agency.
How you’ll spending your time
- Develop a new business strategy and supporting plan.
- Lead the Business Development team in Sweden, reporting to the European, SVP Growth.
- Ultimately act as the centre of gravity for the entire new business offering for Valtech Sweden to deliver on revenue targets set for the business.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Bringing a fresh and strategic approach to how we best answer our clients brief, looking for new ways to solve client problems through our wider capabilities.
- Tailor the best possible offering for each opportunity by collaborating closely with colleagues at Valtech Sweden and offices in other countries and group functions.
- Communicate the value proposition to prospective clients in a manner appropriate for the target audience of C-Suite executive.
- Working closely with the Swedish marketing lead and European marketing team to come up with innovative and engaging ways to market ourselves to prospects and partners alike.
- Establish and build strong relationships with business and platform partners.
- Collaborate with the Swedish Client Partnership team to ensure efficient closing and hand-over of opportunities as well as collaborate around common sales topics.
- Develop contracts and scopes of work in collaboration with internal teams to help set pricing, client goals, and objectives.
- Transfer knowledge; share and socialise best practice exemplary work, ideas and solutions with the Swedish office and globally.
Who we’re looking for
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond and always push our thinking to be better. We believe this is what makes Valtech a great place to be – we have no egos, just talented people who want to do the best work of their career.
- A proven new business track record, from outreach to closing of multi-Euro deals, with a very strong drive and target focus.
- You’ll have experience of selling value based and sometimes complex solutions
- The ability to engage with and provide value to clients in various industries, from C-level to middle management.
- You’ll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You’ll be energetic, roll your sleeves up and get involved!
- You’ll be collaborative, working across experts in all our departments to get the very best outcome. You will therefore, have the ability to manage a team and team members easily.
- You’ll own it, empowering teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work you deliver.
- You’ll be generous with your time, support the wider business and get involved in initiatives outside of the day-to-day.
- You’ll get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.
Our five BD qualities
All our business development teams possess five key qualities. * Being brilliant in everything they do. They strive to be better each day. They always bring their A-game.
- The ability to bring a team together no matter what the circumstances or timeframes, but also know how to be a team player.
- They own it. They take responsibility in all they do. They love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- They know how to get things done. No matter the brief or the timescale, they always find a way.
- And finally, they know how to have fun. They always have a positive outlook. They never take themselves too seriously.
These are the qualities that unite us and we’re looking for someone of the same ilk. But we also need someone who is a leader and can help guide the team. Someone who can hold their own sitting at the top table and knows when it is the right time to challenge and push things. We’re not looking for someone who constantly says ’yes’.
Valtech is a global company focused on business transformation powered by digital innovation. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global groups with more than 3500 exceptional individuals operating out of 45+ offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive.
We are a maker company. Technology is crucial in everything we do. We transform by doing and care deeply about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risk. We care about one another, our clients and the world.
We operate in the context of new world challenges and engage with our customers all over the world to discover new opportunities, to design & build digital driven solutions and to run & continuously optimize outcomes.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone .