Företag: If Skadeforsikring
Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-06-06
Insurance is all about life. And it’s all about data. At If we are developing solutions that have the power to turn misfortunes into possibilities and dreams into reality. We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join a Nordic team focused on developing and productionising machine learning and advanced analytics solutions.
About the role
You will be working in an agile team, which uses advanced analytics to support use cases in customer acquisition and sales, customer services operations as well as claims handling and operations. We use a wide set of approaches in our solutions by combining data and software with the use of computer vision, speech recognition and audio processing, natural language processing as well are more traditional predictive modelling and data science. You can also read more about how we work with data science and ML in If’s tech blog. https://medium.com/if-tech/tagged/machine-learning
We strive to be an organisation where you as a data scientist can both develop and be challenged professionally. We are team players with a strong drive forward and the ambition to always deliver the best possible result.
Who are you?
As a Data Scientist, your expertise is within data science and machine learning. We expect you may have had experience in one or several areas ranging from data science, machine learning, data engineering to software engineering. You should be able to approach new problems with an analytical and data driven approach, going beyond running out-of-the-box libraries. We think you are interested in development and transformation of data as part of your work and understand the difference between a prototype model and a solution deployed in production. You must be able to work and co-operate closely in a team setting with other data scientists and data/MLOps engineers as well as communicate on complex topics to stakeholders. You should be comfortable to work in a Nordic setting with colleagues of diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
Key responsibilities include
- Contributing to all aspects of developing solutions for use cases, from understanding the business problem; transforming and refining the needed data; developing models and pipelines; deploying solutions to production and following up on the quality, performance and retraining of models.
- Supporting users and stakeholders based on their needs and input as well as communicating insights on impact, quality and utilisation of analytical solutions.
- Collaborating with the team to define the approaches to solutions and iterating on them together. This may include evaluating new methods and technologies in the field.
- Proactively identifying new opportunities to apply or extend solutions related to business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in data science and machine learning in a commercial setting.
- Proficiency in Python, and familiarity with at least one ML framework such as scikit-learn or TensorFlow.
- Proficient working with SQL for data transformation and analytics.
- Experience with software development practices to deploy models and pipelines with version control.
- Interested in data exploration and data development.
- A degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering or a related field.
- Fluent in English.
Considered as merits
- Experience in professionally developing solutions relating to anomaly detection, computer vision, audio and natural language processing.
- Enjoy and have knowledge in building and maintaining APIs.
- Familiarity with Azure and Databricks.
The position can be located in Stockholm, Gothenburg or Turku. Last date to apply is 15th of June. We will start reviewing applications immediately, so don’t wait to get yours in. If you have questions about the process or the position, please contact Lu An, Chapter Lead Advanced Analytics at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 70 8154 801.
Note that all applications must go through our recruitment system.