Join the Advanced Analytics and AI Team within Handelsbanken, in Stockholm, as we provide our business with highly accurate insights and models that drive us forward in a data-driven way and help create the best possible experience for our customers.
We are on a mission to make Handelsbanken a leader in using advanced analytics and AI to deliver superior products, service and experience to our customers. This involves applying statistics, machine learning and other technologies in a wide range of areas such as content personalization, product development and business strategy.
We work cross-functionally with other teams in an environment characterized by initiative, collaboration and innovation to tackle business challenges by predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships and constructing models that contribute to a better experience for our customers.
As a Data Scientist you will collaborate with other data scientists, data engineers and business analysts to define business problems and implement solutions. You will take part in driving complex data science projects from ideation through to completion and communicating findings to ensure solutions are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
The role involves applying data science tools and techniques to provide insights, models and actionable recommendations for the business. You will enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the opportunity to expand your data science skillset through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques to level up our capabilities.
The team is expanding quickly so we are looking for people who are able to take ownership, establish best practices and contribute in defining how this field will be applied in the bank. Your role can evolve over time and for the right candidate there are tremendous growth opportunities.
- You have a master’s degree, PhD or similar in a quantitative field with good academic results
- You have excellent problem solving skills and enjoy solving problems with code
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language for data science with good knowledge of supporting libraries, preferably Python
- Extensive experience in applied statistics and/or mathematics (preferably with a focus on machine learning)
- The ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to a non-analytical audience
- Ability to understand business operations and translate them into well-defined analytical deliverables
- You are willing to learn, or already know, basic Swedish
- You constantly want to learn new skills and are proactive with your own development
We are looking for a person who fits the positive, friendly and supportive culture of Handelsbanken. The ideal candidate is curious, inventive, strives for improvement every single day and shares our aim to be smart, humble and, above all, collaborative.
- The chance to develop fast, make a big impact and cut out new paths in an expanding team at the core of Handelsbanken’s ambitious focus on digitalization.
- An abundance of interesting data science opportunities and a focus on building new capabilities, not just maintaining what others have already created
- A friendly and collaborative work environment where colleagues learn and achieve together
- Competitive compensation and pension plan
- Extensive benefit package (subsidized banking services, health care, lunch and more)
- Flexibility to work from home part of the time
- Office at prime location in central Stockholm
We look forward to receiving your cover letter, CV and academic records. Furthermore, we are particularly interested in previous team work experience, what motivates you and achievements that you are proud of.
Please submit your CV and academic records merged in the same file.
The promotion of gender equality, diversity and an inclusive corporate culture is a fundamental part of our values. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to submit their applications.