Företag: Gelato Sweden AB
Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-07-31
Gelato has built the world’s largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
In many ways, we at Gelato are rethinking how digital fabrication of customized products can be done on-demand. Just imagine what will happen when we add 3D printing capabilities to this global service. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses.
We own no physical production assets, nor servers, instead our asset is a cloud-based connectivity platform that enables world-class on-demand production for e-commerce platforms and applications. This engineered platform needs to provide our customers access to more than 100 production partners in 33 countries and includes production plate design, routing to an appropriate partner, finally linking to logistics’ systems for delivery to the consumer. All this in 72 hours and reaching more than 5 billion people and potential consumers in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We have a multicultural Engineering team of over 50 people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain our applications and platform. Our engineering landscape provides the technology to extend our capabilities and features across 3 customer-facing applications: Optimalprint, Globe, and Gelato API plus the digital connectivity platform. The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline.
We are flexible on location and building our teams in Norway, Estonia, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, India, and Spain.
What you will be doing
- Using the latest technologies to improve and streamline user interfaces across our products.
- Collaborating closely with other engineers, architects, and QAs as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Sharing your knowledge and building creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Working closely with our UI/UX designers and product managers to realise the vision
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
Who you are
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing native applications iOS and/or Android in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Ability to adapt, change and grow quickly as we scale the organization
- Passionate about engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, traceability, and observability
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Strong communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail
- Nice to have: Experience in hybrid app design eg React Native or Flutter or willingness to learn hybrid frameworks
You’ll get to work with:
- Create a shared native components base using native iOS SDK (Swift) and/or Android SDK (Kotlin)
- Refactor and migrate React Native apps to Flutter
- Develop apps in Flutter
What we offer
We offer you a chance to be part of a truly amazing journey in a company that sets very high targets and works hard to achieve them. You will be able to work with smart, motivated, and engaged co-workers from all over the world, in an intense and very energetic environment. This leads to you having a tangible impact on the way that we operate and expand our business.
Some of the highlights of the package include:
- Strong technical culture of continuous innovation and improvement
- Chance to become a shareholder of Gelato!
- Flexible festive holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Work at one of our hub city offices or even remotely
- And much much more!
As we continue to grow we want you to grow with us and for the right candidate, there is no limit to where this opportunity might take you. Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local sustainable on-demand production.