Företag: Volvo Cars
Want to innovate to make life simpler?
At Volvo Cars, we’re on a mission to make people’s lives less complicated. We never start with technology and try to squeeze people in around it – we always design our cars around people, and we innovate to provide safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
What’s in it for you?
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to redefine what it means to give people freedom to move in the most innovative times in the mobility industry.
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer to expand our team to support creating useful, efficient tools for our retailer partners.
You’ll increase long-term customer engagement and customer satisfaction and retention by working to create a new suite of tools and customer experiences focused on direct-to-consumer (subscription) fleets, corporate and employee fleets, and retail-based fleets and mobility solutions that complement the traditional model of individual car ownership.
What you will do
As a Senior UX Designer-Fleet within Retail Systems, you will:
- Work with engineers on your team by removing obstacles and helping them understand user needs and UX principles. You’ll contribute to projects through UX design methodology and skills, support prioritization, and close collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other teams and stakeholders.
- Be a part of elevating what it means to support customers in their ownership experience of cars, automotive services, and mobility products.
- Define and design future retail and enterprise solutions together with your team.
- Help us meet the customer where they are and work to solve their problems in a coordinated and efficient way.
- Advocate for the customer and exceptional design with a high level of craft and exceptional service design.
Who you are
- You’ve been designing for 7+ years for a consumer-focused tech company, so you understand all aspects of product architecture, interaction and visual design, and UX research.
- When faced with uncertainty or complexity, you have a proven knack for innovation methods that help build empathy, clarity and simplicity.
- You seek to understand your user group and build great tools to make their work and lives easier.
- You can build solutions that work as part of a larger system of tools. You can move nimbly between digital journeys and real-world, face-to-face customer experiences.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator, who can inspire and work with not only design partners, but many other stakeholders from marketing to engineering.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
- A portfolio (or work samples) of relevant past projects.
Volvo Cars Headquarters in Gothenburg or our office in downtown Stockholm.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the team, position, and recruitment process, please contact User Experience Lead Recruiter Megan Reif at email@example.com
Please note that applications (CVs and Portfolios) via email will not be accepted.
Candidates are invited to interviews on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as possible!
There is no need for a cover letter, but please answer the screening questions.
If you upload or (preferably) link to your your public or private online portfolio where you have documented your work and processes, your application will be prioritized.
The UX Organization is growing and has several roles in the pipeline. If you would like to stay in contact about this as well as future positions, you are welcome to create your career account at Volvo Cars so we can contact you about future roles. Be sure to indicate that you are interested in being contacted about other positions AND that you make your profile available to all Volvo Cars recruiters in your country/region so we can share it with relevant hiring managers.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
#LI-DNI, #UX, #GOXUX