Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-06
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to redefine what it means to own a vehicle during one of most innovative times in the transport industry. Volvo Cars is looking to redefine all aspects of the car eco-system including ownership, autonomous driving, vehicle electrification, sustainability and online shopping. User Experience as a discipline is a key part of Volvo Cars’ strategy and the UX organization will help gather insights about our user’s and redefine and elevate the users experience of Volvo’s products and Services. We are seeking for a Senior UX Designer to expand our Autonomous and Assisted Drive team.
What will be your main responsabilities?
As a Senior UX Designer on the Car UX team, you will work on defining features, products within the Autonomous and Assisted drive systems of the car. Your responsibility will be to deliver design artifacts, such as user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality. You will collaborate with other designers and ensure a seamless customer experience across Volvo’s digital landscape. And as part of a product team, you will communicate designs, ideas, and rationale with your team using data and customer insights. As a designer you advocate for the user, you will develop a deep understanding of our customer needs and pain-points, serving as an expert for your product team and develop ideas for new and enhanced features.
Where will your impact be?
You will contribute to humanize technology, by deveoloping and nurturing a deep understanding of the needs of people interacting with assisted and autonomous driving systems both inside and outside the vehicle.
You will advocate for the user, leading conversations with product and engineering partners to structure user centered product requirements that are actionable.
You will dive into our technology stack to understand what are the limits and how they guide and enable our design intention.
And also, you will invent the future: You will sketch, test and prototype your ideas to make sure that they are fullfilling clear user needs in the most effective way possible, you will work alongside our partners to develop a roadmap based on our use cases and technology stack.
This role will be located in our office in Stockholm or at Volvo Cars Headquarters in Gothenburg, working partly remote is possible (in Sweden).
How to learn more and apply
We cannot receive applications via email. Please apply via the provided link. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as you can!
For questions regarding this role, the recruiment process, you are welcome to contact UX Recruiter, Irina Widmer at .
If you link to or upload your portfolio/examples of your work where you have documented your role and your work processes, your application will be prioritized.
Who do we think you are?
- You have been designing for 6+ years for a consumer-focused tech company, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You are a versatile designer who uses a full range of skills-product design, interaction design, and visual design – to ensure you deliver outstanding experiences to the customer.
- Preferably, you have experience working with interactive 3D scenes, including modelling, lighting, shaders and materials, and animation.
- You are a team player, comfortable collaborating with design partners, and also many other stakeholders from marketing to engineering.
- You are an skilled communicator, who can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
- Providing a portfolio and presenting some of your previous work is part of this recruitment process.