Master Media Relations: A PR Course for Pitching Media
Learn best practices for public relations, media relations & pitching media in order to get your story covered
If you’re new to public relations—no matter your position, job title, or level—or if you’re just starting out in public relations, this course is for you! My career spans 10 years in public relations, leading brand strategy and media relations for global brands, like Air New Zealand, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, Barefoot Wines, and more. I’ve secured coverage in outlets like USA Today, Travel + Leisure, Glamour, People Magazine, Access Hollywood, Delish, Yahoo!, Associated Press, Reuters, and more. With the information, tools, and tactics I teach you in this course, you can, too! You’ll also learn my BEST-KEPT SECRET to following up with media that generates a response 99% of the time. AND you’ll receive already-drafted pitches to use.
In this course, I’ll teach you the fundamentals of media relations, best practices for forging relationships with media, and exactly how you go about pitching your story to the media.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Build strong relationships with media by learning the “dos” and “don’ts” for interacting with them—and you’ll learn to understand exactly what they’re looking for in a pitch
– Write compelling pitches that get coverage and know how to write press releases
– Know what makes for a compelling story and be able to come up with creative story angles that are appropriate to pitch to media
– Identify the appropriate media outlets and contacts and how to build a robust media list to organize your outreach efforts
My courses are not gimmicky or full of fluff just to make videos and hours of content. I teach you what you need to know in a streamlined and effective way.
I’m confident that this course will bring you enormous value, and my confidence is backed by Udemy’s 30-day money-back guarantee. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, you’ll get a full refund—no questions asked.
Ready to get started? I’ll see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- All levels of professionals without previous PR experience and beginner PR professionals.