UX Evaluation: User Testing
Master UX evaluation using a variety of skill sets and methods. Uncover the knowledge of user testing from a guerrilla approach to formal lab evaluations required for compliance tests.
About this course
Testing! 1-2, 1-2! You’re interested in user experience and you have a scientific way of thinking? UX needs you! User testing is an empirical practice. This expertise is the most widespread and sought-after of the UX fields.
User testing accompanies interface development from early paper mock-up testing to final prototypes and existing user interfaces. As interface fidelity gets more refined, so do the testing methods, from interview-type tests to eye-tracking and other real-time assessment methods with finished and existing interfaces.
In this MOOC you will learn how to run efficient and business-oriented UX evaluations in any context. You will be taught by experts from the Tech3lab, North America’s most important UX lab, how to ensure scientific rigour to get valid results throughout this process.
No previous knowledge needed. Join us in the scientific journey to master current user testing tools and methods, through the UX Design and Evaluation MicroMasters, or as an individual course
What you’ll learn
- Empirically-based user testing principles
- Test validity
- Test cycle involving real users
- Evaluation methods for all steps of the UX project, from heuristic evaluation, usability testing, to standard user testing, A/B testing
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Perceptual, behavioural, attitudinal and physiological assessments of the user’s experience